I hope that this email finds you in good spirits after a happy holiday with loved ones.
As we get close to the New Year (and thus, our first stated communication in 2015), I just wanted to touch base on a couple of important items and also to share the agenda for the upcoming meeting as well.
The January Stated will be a business meeting as we will have to vote on several items, including a few petitions. However there is a pressing issue that we have to address coming up.
We have a situation where we need a couple of volunteers to be Trustees of the Lodge. We currently have to fill 2 of the 3 seats and we need to do so at the upcoming stated. These are very important roles in the Lodge as the Trustees are in charge of financial future of Anacostia, as well as protecting our current investments, assets, and holdings. Without all 3 trustees in place, we are not going to be able to make any changes to our portfolio…or worse even…be able to make changes that could increase our financial security!
That being said, I am asking all Brethren…if it is within the length of your cabletow to serve as a Trustee of Anacostia Lodge, please consider volunteering to serve in this capacity. It would be a great way to be part of the future of our Lodge and sustain the history of our great institution. Please let me know if you could serve in this capacity.
We also need to fill the Steward Positions…..
With all of that, here is the agenda for our January Stated….but as always, please let me know if we need to add / delete items as needed.
- Master – Open Lodge on Third Degree
- Master – Appoint Brother to Lead Pledge of Allegiance the Flag
- Master – Greeting & Opening Remarks
- Secretary’s Report – Minutes of Previous Stated Communication
- Secretary – Communications
- Secretary – Read Petitions for degrees and affiliation (if any). Lodge vote to receive petitions. Master assigns Investigating committee(s).
- Secretary – Read investigation committee report(s) for degrees and affiliation (if any). Lodge ballots to confer degrees.
- Secretary – Other
- Treasurer’s Report
- Trustee’s Report
- Master – Sick and Shut In Report (if any)
- Master – Excused Absences (if any)
- Master – Memorials – Request Prayer From Chaplain or Moment of Silence (if needed)
- Old Business
- New Business
- Introduction/Welcome of Past Masters, Past Grand Masters, Visitors and Grand Lodge Officers
- Recognition of our Fidelity Medal Awardee
- Closing of Lodge
I look forward to a great (and busy) year…..and please call me with any questions or concerns.
Sincerely and Fraternally,
Justin T. Russell
Master, Anacostia Lodge No. 21
Free and Accepted Masons of the District of Columbia